I’m hoping that you guys love veggie burgers as much as I do because today I’m sharing the most delish Winter Spiced Quinoa Burger and it’s packed full of flavor! A burst of flavor if you will but but before we dive into this burger; smothered in goat cheese and piled with marinated tomatoes (oh its so good!!), I need to let you in on a little secret…Raw Spice Bar, which is how I was able to pack so much flavor into these little burgers. Raw Spice Bar takes the highest quality of herbs and spices, grinds them down, portions them out and creates amazing blends that they then send straight to your door. At just $6 a month for 3 packets it’s a no brainier! These little packets are like flavor bombs that you can then add to your favorite recipes for a serious upgrade in flavor or use with one of their suggested recipes if you’re looking to try something new.
Ok, so back to these burgers. You guys know I love just about anything with quinoa or sweet potato so combining the two into a mouth watering burger was a natural next step. The mushrooms add a really nice meat-like texture which makes them feel a little heartier and when they’re topped with whipped goat cheese and marinated tomatoes they become the perfect meal.
They’re a little crispy on the outside, soft in the middle and if you’re not a burger person- no worries! They are delicious on top of a salad or make the perfect snack…dipped in that whipped goat cheese of course!
Winter Spice Blend would be delicious on so many things…think roasted veggies, black bean soup or even mixed into a creamy hummus…YUM!
Winter Herb Quinoa Burgers with Marinated Tomato & Whipped Goat Cheese:
– 1 sweet potato, steamed for 25 minutes or until cooked through
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 10 cremini mushrooms, stems removed
– 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
– juice of 1 lemon
– 2 teaspoons Raw Spice Bar Winter Herb Blend (tarragon, sage, white peppercorn, thyme, all spice, black peppercorn, garlic, marjoram)
– pinch of red pepper flakes, adjust depending on heat preference
– salt & pepper
– extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
– juice of one lemon
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon Raw Spice Bar Winter Herb Blend
– salt and pepper to taste
Whipped Goat Cheese:
– 4 ounces goat cheese
– 1/2 teaspoon Raw Spice Bar Winter Herb Blend
– Remove the skin of the cooked sweet potato and in a bowl, mash with a fork.
– Place all mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until finally chopped.
– In 1 tablespoon of olive oil sauté onion until translucent. Add mushrooms, red pepper flakes and Winter Herb Blend and cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the mashed sweet potato, and mix in quinoa and bread crumbs. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper, mix well.
– Form small patties out of the quinoa mixture (I was able to get 6) and heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan. Cook burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side then transfer to a cooking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
– Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and let sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
Whipped Goat Cheese:
– In a food processor pulse ingredients together until whipped and combined.
– Kaiser Rolls- or your favorite hamburger buns!
– Greens- I use watercress but arugula would be delicious too!
– Top burgers with goat cheese, tomatoes and greens.
This post is in partnership with Raw Spice Bar! Thank you for supporting the brands that we love here at Sequins at Breakfast!!