A few weeks ago I attended a brunch where they served the most delicious matcha chia pudding. I’ve always enjoyed chia seed pudding but to be honest I had completely forgotten about it but having the pudding again reminded me of what a great snack it is. Since that brunch I’ve been craving it with a more tropical twist and thanks to a few pantry staples I was able to quickly and easily whip up this 5 ingredient Pina Colada Chia Parfait.
The combination of coconut and pineapple is a classic and only made more flavorful with the addition of toasted coconut. This parfait offers up all of the delicious flavors reminiscent of a pina colada and is so simple to make, I’m sure I’ll be enjoying them all summer long. Mix it up for breakfast, a snack or even dessert! Here’s how you make it:
- - 1 can full fat coconut milk
- - 1 cup pineapple chunks
- - 1/4 cup coconut flakes toasted
- - 1/4 cup chia seeds
- - 2 teaspoons honey or sweetener of choice
- In a jar, combine the coconut milk, chia seeds and sweetener. Mix well to combine. Store in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight. The chia seeds will double in size and create a pudding like consistency in the coconut milk.
- In a dry sauté pan, toast the coconut flakes on medium heat until golden. About 3-5 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Layer the pineapple, coconut and chia pudding in a glass. Top with coconut.
- This is such a great snack to make ahead and enjoy throughout the week!