I made this chicken, and enough for leftovers, earlier in the week for teriyaki chicken bowls. I had no plans of what to do with the leftovers other than to nibble on them throughout the week. So, when it dawned on me that I should take this teriyaki chicken and make yummy little tacos I knew that they would be good. What I didn’t know was exactly how good they’d be and that I’d only ever want to eat teriyaki chicken in the form of tacos for the rest of my life. No joke! Topped with pickled red cabbage, cilantro and sriracha, you have yourself a very delicious taco!
The chicken was made in a crock-pot, so its extremely easy and that slow cooking really packs a flavorful punch!
Teriyaki Chicken Tacos:
Prep it: Chicken
– 2 lbs chicken, frozen or thawed. I used a combo of frozen breast and thigh meat
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
-1/2 cup chicken stock
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 inch nub of ginger, shredded or minced
– squeeze of lime
Prep it: Pickled Red Cabbage
– red cabbage, depends on how many tacos you make. Enough to top each taco.
– rice vinegar, depend on how many tacos you make. You want to cover the cabbage
– 1 teaspoon honey
Prep it: Tacos
– corn tortillas
– shredded cabbage
– handful of cilantro
Make it: Chicken
– Add all ingredients to crock-pot and set timer.
– Once cooked through, shredded chicken and sit in juice.
Make it: Pickled Red Cabbage
– Add cabbage to a bowl, pour rice vinegar over the top until its 3/4 the way covered. Cover and let sit out for a minimum of 1 hour.
Make it: Tacos
– Warm tortilla in the oven, top with shredded chicken, pickled cabbage, cabbage, cilantro and sriracha.