Super Bowl Sunday is just a little over one week away and while I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not much of a football fan, this is the one game I can get behind for two reasons; the commercials and the halftime show (hello…Lady Gaga!!!). And also the food. In previous years I’ve made these Buffalo Chicken Taquitos as well as these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups which are both absolutely delicious and perfect for the big game.
In addition to my favorite buffalo flavored snacks, this year I’ll be whipping up a batch of these tasty little smashed potatoes. They are extra crispy and conveniently bite sized which makes for the ideal game day snack and the garlicky cashew cream and salty bacon topping make for a seriously addicting combo.
I like my smashed potatoes extra crispy, almost chip-like, and brushed with a little garlic olive oil before baking then topped with cashew cream, bacon and green onions. Looking to mix it up? Try topping yours with guacamole, blue cheese & bacon or shredded buffalo chicken…how good would that be?! Here’s how to make them.
- - 1 pound baby potatoes
- - 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- - 2 green onions
- - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- - 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- - 1/3 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- - 1 clove garlic
- - 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - 1/4 cup water
- Place potatoes in a sauce pan and cover with water. Boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain water and place potatoes on a lined baking sheet.
- Use the bottom of a glass to smash the potatoes
- Brush with the olive oil and garlic, sprinkle with sea salt and roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven, top with cashew cream, bacon and green onions.
- Serve warm
- In a food processor add all ingredients and blend until smooth. If the cream is too thick, add water and continue to blend. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
- The best thing about this recipe is that you can make as much or as little as you'd like! Just adjust accordingly!