Hello friends. I’ve got the yummiest slow cooked apple recipe for you today. Full of sweet flavor and warm spices these slow cooked apples are pretty much the most delicious thing I’ve had this fall. Move over pumpkin…slow cooked apples are my new jam (no pun intended)! Not only is this recipe super tasty but it pretty much cooks itself AND leaves your entire house smelling of apple pie. Cook low and slow overnight with a pinch of nutmeg, clove and cinnamon and wake up to a creamy apple butter. But try not to eat it all at once because next week I’ll be sharing a recipe that highlights this slow cooker apple butter!
Slow Cooker Apple Butter:
– 3 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
– 2 1/2 tablespoons raw sugar
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– 1/2 tablespoon ground clove
– 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
– Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 10 hours.
– Using an emersion blender puree apples OR transfer apples to a blender and pulse until smooth then transfer back to slow cooker.
– Remove lid and cook for 1 hour.
– Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.