I love spring rolls, if we’re at a restaurant and they’re on the menu I almost always order them. At home, I love making a big batch and pairing them with different dipping sauces which I then enjoy for lunch throughout the week.I recently found myself with a fridge full of veggies and left over quinoa and immediately knew that I wanted to wrap it all up into a delicious spring roll. The quinoa makes these little rolls more of a meal and the crunchy vegetables pair perfectly with the sweet and savory, carrot ginger dipping sauce.
Serve these along side your favorite curry dish or enjoy them alone for lunch! I’ll be whipping up another batch this weekend to enjoy as an on the go lunch or an after work snack. Here’s how you make them…
Quinoa Veggie Spring Rolls with Carrot Ginger Dipping Sauce:
Makes 8 Rolls
– 8 rice paper wraps
– 1/2 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
– two carrots, julienne peeled
– 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
– 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks
– 4 green onions, halved or cut in thirds
– handful of cilantro
– 1 lime
Carrot Ginger Dipping Sauce:
– 3 carrots, peeled
– 1 inch of fresh ginger, skin removed
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon Sriracha, more or loss depending on your heat preference
– Prep everything to be rolled into the rice paper wrappers.
– One at a time, soak each rice paper wrap in warm water, until pliable. About 30 seconds
– Place cilantro on the bottom, top with quinoa, cucumber, bell pepper, carrot and green onion. Squeeze a bit of lime over the veggies. Wrap, starting at the bottom edge of the rice paper fold it over the filling then repeat on the other side. Roll until you have a tight cylinder. Set aside and repeat.
– To make the sauce place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Let chill in the refrigerator.
– Serve the rolls with a side of dipping sauce and enjoy!