Happy Thursday! This week is flyin’ and I couldn’t be happier or more in love with these tacos. Here is what you need to know about these Portobello Tacos with Veggie Hash…they are pretty much the most amazing things EVER! Anything covered in chimichurri is a win in my book and if you haven’t tried this amazingness of a sauce, do yourself a favor and make it right now. It is the perfect sauce to drizzle over these meaty portobello with roasted veggies tacos and has the most delicious combination of sweet and tangy with a little kick. This is a great week night meal because it is SO EASY to prepare and takes virtually no time at all. Ok maybe like 20 minutes but its quick, filling, and tasty to boot! PS- I just make these veggies and sauce and served it with salmon…OMG! make that too while you’re at it!
Portobello Tacos with Veggie Hash and Chimichurri:
– 2 large portobello mushrooms
– 1 large sweet potato, julienned using this tool
– 2 carrots, julieneed
– 4 stems dino kale, rib removed and thinly sliced
– 1 red onion, cut in half then thinly sliced
– 4 brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
– 12 tortillas
– extra virgin olive oil
– salt and pepper
– 1 cup parsley
– 1/2 cup cilantro
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– juice from 1/2 lime
– salt and pepper to taste
– Heat oven to 375 degrees
– Spread all vegetables except portobellos on a roasting sheet. Toss with EVOO and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes tossing half way.
– In a sauté pan, heat oil and add the whole portobello mushroom top side down. Let cook for 5-7 minutes then turn and cook the other side for 5-7 minutes. Mushroom should be firm but cooked through. If the pan becomes dry add 1 tablespoon water and continue to sauté.
– Let cool, then slice.
– warm the tortillas in the oven
– In a food processor blend all ingredients for the Chimichurri sauce.
Assemble: Place a spoon full of veggie hash onto the tortilla, top with 2 slices of mushroom and a slice of avocado. Drizzle over Chimichurri sauce. Repeat and enjoy!