Pesto lovers, this one’s for you!! Today I’m sharing the most delicious, easy to make, 5 ingredient Pesto Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers!
I am a big fan of pesto and find myself reaching for a jar or making my own pesto a few times a month. Not only is it delicious on pasta but it’s even better when used as a marinade for grilled chicken or added to a soup and is often the “secret ingredient” that turns an good dish into a great dish. These stuffed bell peppers definitely fall under the category of a great dish and pack a lot of delicious flavor thanks that deliciously creamy pesto. Made with shredded chicken, quinoa, pesto, bell pepper and sprinkle of cheese, they are so easy to whip up and can be on the table in under an hour. Making them an ideal for a weeknight dinner! Here’s how you make them…
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers:
– 1/2 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (try it with a rotisserie chicken from the market)
– 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
– 3/4 cup pesto
– 3 tablespoons pecorino or parmesan cheese + more to top
– 2 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
– salt and pepper to taste
– Heat oven to 375 degrees, place bell peppers in a baking dish face down and bake for 10 minutes
– In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, quinoa, pesto and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Spoon mixture into bell peppers and sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of cheese over the top. Bake for 15 minutes.