You can’t have peach season without making AT LEAST one peach crumble. This one has the most delicious combination of peach and cherry topped with a crunchy almond and oat topping and when cooked, becomes bubbly and crisp. It’s truly what peaches were intended for, in my opinion! I baked them up in individual ramekins and had every intention of serving them to my cooking club but they were just a little too delicious and a little too hard to resist! Therefore I’ll be whipping up another batch to serve to friends. This time topped with a little bit of coconut ice cream (OMG!!). Make sure you take advantage of the end of season peaches for this perfect summery dessert.
Peach Cherry Crumble:
– 6 medium sized peaches
– 1 1/2 cup cherreis, pitted and halved
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 tablespoon flour
For the topping:
– 1 1/2 cup oats
– 3/4 cup coconut sugar
– 1/2 cup coconut oil (cold)
– 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
– 1 teaspoon lemon zest
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Heat oven to 350 degrees.
– Bring a large pot of water to boil, add peaches and cook for about 1 minute. The peach skin will come off super easily this way.
– Slice peaches and mix with cherries, lemon juice, honey and flour. Add equal amounts to each ramekin.
– Combine all ingredients for topping and use your hands to break up the coconut oil. Mix will and spread evenly over the top of peach, cherry mixture.
– Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and crisp!
– Enjoy warm or at room temperate.