Snacks. I’m a huge snacker and it’s safe to say that I pretty much rely on snacks to keep me from absolutely starving in between meals. During the work week I almost always pack my lunch for the office and fill it with some sort of hearty salad, hummus and veggies, an apple and lately one of these granola bars. They’re incredibly satisfying and I was happily surprised to notice that one of these Tropical Fruit & Nut Granola Bars held me over for a good amount of time.
They’re hearty, chock full of delicious nuts and fruit and bound together with a creamy almond butter mixture. The best part is that you don’t have to bake them… and since I’m all about not turing on my oven this summer, they’re a real win.
The combination of tropical dried fruit- papaya, pineapple, mango- and crunchy nuts- cashew, macadamia and almond slivers- give these bars the perfect salty and sweet balance and each bite tastes like a little burst of summer.
These granola bars are ideal to store in the refrigerator and are the easiest grab and go snack (or breakfast- they’d be SO good with a cup of coffee!!) to nibble on and keep you energized between meals. Here’s how you make them…
- - 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- - 1/2 cup puffed millet cereal
- - 1/2 cup puffed quinoa
- - 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- - 1/2 cup dried pineapple, roughly chopped
- - 1/2 cup dried mango, roughly chopped
- - 1/2 cup dried papaya, roughly chopped
- - 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- - 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- - 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- - 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- - 3/4 cup almond butter
- - 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- - 1 tablespoon almond extract
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - pinch of cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and dried fruits.
- In a sauce pan, combine the rice syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon and warm for 2-3 minutes or until the wet mixture is fully combined.
- Pour wet mixture over the dry mixture and mix well, until combined.
- Line a casserole dish or sheet pan with plastic wrap and pour the granola bar mixture into the dish.
- Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before cutting into individual bars.
- I recommend wrapping each bar individually which will keep them fresh and easily accessible for a grab and go snack!