This summer I’m ditching traditional salsa in favor of salsas infused with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Juicy mango and fresh corn take a traditional pico de gallo to the next level making it the ideal summer salsa. Not only is this mango salsa absolutely amazing with blue corn tortilla chips but it’s incredibly versatile and seriously delicious when served on top of grilled fish or alongside scrambled eggs in the morning.
With both Memorial Day Weekend and the start of summer on the horizon I’ve been looking to put a spin on some of my favorite summer recipes. This Mango and Sweet Corn Pico de Gallo will be on heavy rotation this summer and I have no doubt it will become my go-to easy appetizer when friends come over for a backyard BBQ! It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser and my only recommendation is to make sure you make extra! Here is how you make it:
- - 8 roma tomatoes, halved with seeds and juice removed, roughly chopped
- - 3 mangoes, peeled, pit removed and cut into 1/2" cubes
- - 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- - 1 jalapeño, halved with seeds removed, roughly chopped
- - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 ear of corn, cut off the cob
- - juice of 2 limes
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - large handful of cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- - tortilla chips
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Toss until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
- There really aren't set measurements for this pico de gallo. Feel free to add more or less of anything that you like!
- Make sure to make extra, it will keep in your fridge for 4-5 days.