Summer is fast approaching, this weekend is already Memorial Day weekend, and barbecue season is upon us. We’re lucky enough that we can grill and eat dinner outside year round but there is something extra special about doing so in the summer months. Maybe it has to do with the fact that it is hot, hot, hot and I can’t stand the thought of turning on the oven or cooking over a hot stove so finding recipes that can be cooked on the grill or don’t require any cooking become a necessity.
These Lemon Ricotta Toasts with Honeyed Pears and Pistachios are so flavorful, easy to whip up and don’t require any cooking. They have quickly become one of my go to’s for a quick lunch or afternoon snack. They’re also really great to serve on a crostini as an appetizer…hello summer time happy hours and pot-lucks! The best part is, this is a loose recipe meaning that you can make it how you like it and you can make as much or little as needed!
I used store bought ricotta and added lemon zest and fresh thyme to give it more flavor then spread that on really delicious toasted bread and topped the whole thing with sliced pears, a drizzle of honey, thyme and pistachio. They’re fabulous and come together in just minutes!
- - slice of your favorite bread, I like a Whole Wheat loaf
- - 1/2 cup ricotta
- - 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- - 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme,
- - 1 pear, core removed and sliced
- - 1 tablespoon honey
- - 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- - fresh thyme to garnish
- - pinch of Maldon finishing salt
- Slice the bread into 1/2 inch slices and toast
- In a small bowl mix the lemon zest and thyme into the ricotta
- Spread the ricotta onto the toasted bread and top with pear slices.
- Drizzle honey and sprinkle the thyme and pistachios over the top
- Sprinkle a pinch of Maldon salt over the top (a little goes a long way!)
- Make as much or as little as you'd like, just adjust the ingredients accordingly.