Gazpacho is one of my all time favorite summer dishes and thanks to the quick no-cook prep, it’s something that I can whip up in less than 30 minutes for lunch or serve with a salad for dinner. It’s incredibly refreshing on a hot summer day and this variation featuring green apples is seriously delicious.
The tart granny smith apples and sweet yellow tomatoes give this chilled soup just the right amount sweetness which is the perfect compliment to the crisp green bell pepper and cucumber…top with tomato, cucumber and salty marcona almonds for an added crunch or enjoy with a crusty baguette!
Here’s how you make it…
- - 1 pint yellow tomatoes
- - 2 granny smith apples, peeled and core removed
- - 1 english cucumber
- - 1 green bell pepper
- - 1 large or 2 small
- - 2 cloves garlic
- - 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- - 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- - cucumber
- - marcona almonds
- - tomato
- - drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth or desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into bowls and top with toppings and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Store the remaining soup in the refrigerator.