Tassels are this spring’s hottest trend and they are making a huge fashion statement. From tassel trim on tops to tassel ties on shoes, there are so many fun ways to incorporate this trend into you spring wardrobe. One of my favorites…colorful beaded tassel bracelets and necklaces. I shared a picture of a few of a few of the tassel bracelets and necklaces I made and received a ton of request for a how-to post, so here ya go! It couldn’t be easier and the color combos are endless, I’ve been really into the pink/turquoise combo and find that it is really easy to style. One of the best parts about making your own tassel bracelets is that the color combo is totally customizable!
– Small jewelry pliers
– Small wire cutter
– 1mm elastic thread
– 26 gauge gold wire
– 4mm gold jump rings
– gold crimp tubes
– embroidery thread
– assorted beads (I think that the 10mm-12mm size works best)
– Cut 1 1/2 feet of embroidery thread and fold in fourths. String a jump ring to the middle of the thread.
– Loosely wrap the remainder of the tread around your 4 fingers, cut across the bottom. It should look like the picture above.
– Tie the thread with the jump ring around your bundle of thread, make sure it’s centered! Hold the jump ring so the thread falls downward. Cut a piece of gold wire.
– Wrap the gold wire around the thread (about 1/4 of an inch down from the jump ring). You will want to wrap the wire about 7 times. Twist wire to hold in place and trim of excess. Trim the thread so it’s all the same length. You can keep your tassel on the long side (perfect for necklaces) or a little shorter (great for bracelets).
– String your beads onto the elastic string from both sides. Create a pattern using different colored beads or use all the same! Once your bracelet or necklace is the desired size bring the two ends of the elastic together and string on two more beads.
– String 1 crimp bead through both sides of elastic then string the tassel.
– String the ends of the elastic around the tassel and back through the crimp bead. You might need pull tight on the elastic a bit to get the other ends through but they will fit! Pull tight and use a small plier to crimp the bead. Trim excess elastic.
Tah-dah!! Totally customizable, chic tassel bracelets that look adorable alone or layered with other colors! If you have any questions let me know in the comments below!