For years I’ve been making these Curry Spiced Mixed Nuts and they have easily become one of my go-to hostess gifts, favorite afternoon snack and simple appetizer to serve with cocktails when friends come over. They absolutely delicious and a total crowd pleaser but after years of making, serving and gifting them I knew it was time to change things…enter these Cinnamon Vanilla Spiced Nuts.
Lightly toasted, slightly sweet and insanely addicting! This past weekend I made a huge batch which I plan on brining with me to the last of this seasons holiday parties as well as sharing with friends and family on Christmas Eve and Christmas. Here’s how you make them…
- 2 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat egg white until it is slightly foamy. Mix in maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and cayenne.
- Once mixed together add nuts. Make sure all the nuts are coated then place mixture onto a lined baking sheet and sprinkle salt over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes then let cool completely before storing in an air tight container