Are you ready for the Super Bowl? Or better yet, are you ready for the Super Bowl parties?!
I’m not really a burger kind of gal but while I was brainstorming Super Bowl inspired recipes, little tiny burgers (AKA sliders) just seemed like the obvious route to go. I am however a BBQ meatloaf kind of girl and it dawned on me that I should take one of my most favorite comfort foods and morph it into the tastiest little Super Bowl party food.
And how delicious they are… sweet and savory homemade barbecue sauce is really the way to go here and it packs a lot of delicious flavor. I used an ice cream scoop to measure out each mini meatloaf, placed them on a baking sheet and topped them with even more BBQ sauce. They don’t called BBQ Turkey Meatloaf for nothin’!
Finish each slider with a handful of spicy arugula, MORE BBQ sauce and a bit of cheese (if thats your thing!) Place atop a toasted Kaiser bun and boom…you have yourself a delish little snack or meal! These are perfect for Super Bowl Sunday and if you’re looking for more Super Bowl inspired recipes check out these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups.
– 1 lb ground turkey
– 1 onion, diced
– 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
– 1 carrot, diced
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 tablespoon parsley, diced
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
– Kaiser rolls
– salt and pepper
– Sweet and Savory BBQ Sauce (recipe here)
– Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
– Sautee onion in EVOO until translucent, season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, bell pepper and carrot. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add the parsley.
– In a separate add the ground turkey, egg, panko bread crumbs and cooked veggies. Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Mix well. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
– Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out small balls of the meatloaf and place on a baking sheet. Top with a spoonful of BBQ sauce.
– Bake for 20 minutes or until fully cooked. If you are using cheese add in the last 5 minutes.
– Assemble: toast the buns and spoon BBQ sauce onto each bun. Add meatloaf and top with a handful of arugula.