Holy guacamole. You guys, these poke tostadas are, dare I say it, the most delicious things…EVER. I don’t know about you but I’m constantly craving poke and luckily its pretty easy to come by here in Hawaii. I mentioned a few weeks ago that as things warm up and the closer we get to summer, the less I want to stand over a hot stove to make dinner. I’ve been looking for easy weeknight dinners that don’t require a ton of cooking and these Ahi Poke Tostadas totally fit the bill. There is minimal cooking (none if you buy tostada chips) and they can be on the table in 15 minutes.
I use a pretty traditional (and very simple) marinade for the Ahi which pairs perfectly with the avocado and Sriracha crema. When stacked on a crisp corn tortilla, it makes for a simple meal that has layers of fresh flavors. Lets just say you won’t be able to have just one!
– corn tortillas
– 1 lb sushi grade Ahi, cut into small chunks
– 2 green onions, thinly sliced
– 2 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, more or less depending how spicy you want it
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 2 avocados, mashed
– finishing salt
– 1/2 cup raw cashews
– 1/3 cup water + more to get desired consistency
– 1 teaspoon Sriracha, more or less depending on how spicy you want it
– 1 clove garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
– Heat oven to 350 degrees and place tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until crisp, flipping halfway through.
– In a bowl combine soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and green onions. Mix well, add Ahi and mix until all Ahi is coated with the sauce.
– In a blender combine all ingredients for Sriracha creama and blend until smooth. Add more water to thin if necessary.
– Top each crispy tortilla with 1 tablespoon mashed avocado, ahi poke and a drizzle of Sriracha creama. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.