I am constantly changing up my breakfast routine. One week its these mouthwatering muffins the next its toast with peanut butter and chia jam and then all of a sudden I’m into a big bowl of fruit topped with yogurt and granola. I’ve been working on finding the perfect granola recipe for awhile now and it wasn’t until recently that I realized I had been doing it all wrong. BUT, I’m happy to share that I finally got it right and it is so right! This stuff has been flying out of the house and I can’t decide if I like it more on top of creamy yogurt or plain as a mid-day snack. Either way, its delicious.
Cranberry Coconut Granola:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup rasins
- 1/3 cup dried coconut
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a saucepan warm coconut oil until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, cinnamon, honey and salt. Add in melted coconut oil.
- Mix to make sure all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread across a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Once done pull from oven and add dried fruit and coconut. Mix again and spread evenly. Let cool for 1 hour.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
Here is a fun fact that will surely brighten up your Wednesday. Shopbop is having their annual Friends and Family Sale!!! Thats a solid 25% off your favorite pieces. If that doesn’t bring a smile to your face then I don’t know what will. Check out my favorite pics and make sure you get yourself something good!
Use code: INTHEFAMILY14 at checkout to get your 25% discount. Sale ends Thursday.
A.L.C Blouse // DVF Skirt // J.Crew Pumps // Stella McCartney Bag
I recently picked up this DVF skirt and could not be more obsessed. I’m loving the fun black and white zebra pattern and the ultra flattering shape (hugs in just the right places). Not to mention it is beyond comfortable! I recently dressed it up for a date night with a simple white and black blouse and a contrasting leopard pump. I’m already planning on dressing this skirt down and pairing it with this tank and these cute sandals for a more relaxed look. Oh the possibilities!!
You can shop my look here:
Tank // Gap Boyfriend Jeans // Target Sandals (similar) // J.Crew Scarf // Straw Bag from Mexico
I hope you had a lovely weekend! Mine went too fast but was spent outdoors and with family. The perfect combo.
One of my favorite weekend activities is checking out the different farmers markets around San Diego. Yesterday, we headed to the Cedros farmers market for our weekly veggies and such and enjoyed all the seasonal veggies and fruits (aka the strawberries!). It was a lovely afternoon and I opted to keep things casual in a worn in pair of boyfriend jeans, red sandals and a fun new J.Crew scarf which happened to match my straw farmers market bag perfectly!
You can shop my look and similar pieces here:
Equipment Sweater (similar) // Zara Skirt // Schutz Sandals // Saddle Bag (similar) // nZaara Neckalce ℅ // Paul Smith Sunglasses
Happy Friday! I don’t know about you but I am so happy it is the weekend. I’ve been non stop all week so I’m definitely looking forward to a relaxing weekend. This was the perfect outfit to brave the heat wave that we experienced earlier this week. A simple lightweight sweater and vegan leather skirt with my new nZaara necklace to tie the whole look together. I was recently introduced to nZaara and what an amazing selection of unique jewelry and accessories! (and free shipping!!) They offer some pretty amazing statement pieces as well as a collection of really unique bangles. I will definitely be incorporating this necklace into a date night outfit this weekend!
You can shop my look and a similar pieces here:
Have a happy weekend!
Thank you to nZaara for sponsoring this post.
Parsnips. If you haven’t tried them then you’re missing out. I’ve been a long time fan of the root vegetable and I’ve been a little obsessed lately. Parsnip puree, yep. Parsnip fries, you bet! Parsnip soup, of course! Today I’m combining a few of my favorite things to bring you a bowl full of deliciousness. A creamy parsnip soup and a mouthwatering herb pesto are the perfect duo in tasty meal.
Parsnip Soup with a Herb Pesto Drizzle:
Prep it: Soup
- 1 lb parsnips
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 1 apple
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep it: Herb Pesto
- 1 cup basil, arugula, thyme
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from half a lemon
Make it: Soup
- Heat EVOO in a large stock pot. Sauté onion with a pinch of salt/pepper until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, parsnip, potato and apple. Sauté another 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, bay leaf and thyme and bring to a boil. Simmer with lid on for 20 minutes. Remove lid and let cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprig. Transfer to a blender to puree or use an emersion blender to puree.
Make it: Herb Pesto
- In a food processor pulse garlic, pine nuts and walnuts until minced.
- Add basil, arugula and thyme. Pulse food processor.
- Add juice from a lemon and EVOO. Blend until all ingredients are combined
- Add salt to taste
- Serve parsnip soup with a drizzle of herb pesto. Add a pinch of salt and red chili flakes.
I don’t know if its because we are in the middle of an April heat wave here in San Diego, or if its that summer is quickly drawing near but this week I’ve been into bright colors, and easy lightweight pieces.
Here are my favorites (on sale!!) from around the web:
- Crochet Swimsuit from here is an unbelievable deal and oh so chic! Perfect for a summer getaway!
- A perfect bright yellow tote to carry your work goodies to and from the office. I love the sleek cross body design and the color will surely brighten up your work day!
- This gold watch is a steal coming in under $20!
- Keep the summer sun off your face with this adorable Panama Hat.
- Summer dresses should be easy to wear, light and comfy. This bold yellow and black striped dress is all of the above. Wear it with sandals to the pool and then with wedges at night!
- A flattering floral skirt, enough said!
- Gladiator sandals are all the rage, this beauty has a subtle stud detailing and is oh so adorable.
- A bright statement necklace like this one can instantly update any outfit.
- Oversized Oliver Peoples Sunnies over 50% off. YES PLEASE!!
- This graphic tee is the perfect thing to pair with an easy pair of distressed denim shorts and gladiator sandals.
I have been a long time fan of the mason jar and today I’m sharing a charming DIY using the mason jar lid over at mywedding.com. I had so much fun making these coasters and they have been the perfect addition to my coffee table. Not only are they a cute tabletop accessory, but they work really well! I used my wedding monogram but the options are endless. You can use your favorite stamp to personalize your mason jar coasters. You can find step by step directions here!
Dress // Schutz Sandals (heeled version) // Asos Clutch // Oliver Peoples Sunglasses // Michael Kors Watch
While I love a great pair of jeans and a faux fur jacket, what I feel most comfortable in is a lightweight dress and a rockin’ pair of sandals. Once I spotted this boho inspired dress I knew that it would easily become my go-to dress this spring and summer. I love the simple pattern of the dress with the bright embroidery and paillette detailing down the sleeves. So different from anything else in my closet, I love it paired with a fun lace-up gladiator sandal and a bold boho clutch. I am sure this outfit will be on major repeat over the next few months.
My site will be getting a little face-lift over the next week, so bare with me while it undergoes it’s little transformation. Can’t wait to see the finished look!!
Gap Top // Gap Khakis // J.Crew Heels // Marc Jacobs Bag (similar) // Bauble Bar Earrings // Stella McCartney Sunglasses
I am loving the oversized floral print of this blouse. This blouse immediately caught my eye and I knew that it would be a welcomed change from the black and gray blouses that I’m usually so drawn to. It’s a bit reminiscent of a vintage Hawaiian shirt and I like that the print is totally different then anything else I own. It’s the perfect spring blouse!
Sidenote: These pants are amazing. I’m not usually one to buy multiple colors of the same pant, but these Gap skinny khakis are just too good. I’m diggin’ the moto-like detailing and the slate gray color. I scored them during a 40% off sale and Gap has been offering some great deals lately so keep on the lookout! I’ve practically been living in the olive green ones!