Traditionally we spend Easter with my family and usually enjoy an afternoon at my Aunt and Uncles Laguna Beach home, eating great food and drinking even better wine. This year is the first that we won’t get to spend the holiday with my family but it will give Marc and I a chance to start a new tradition. We don’t have much planned but even if we spend the day at the beach and finish it off with an extra special dinner and a bottle of wine I’ll be a happy little bunny. Andddd, just because it will only be the two of us this year doesn’t mean I can’t create a festive tablescape for the occasion. I’m thinking something along the line of a simple place setting, white and green florals lining the table and tea lights scattered throughout. Here are a few place settings I’m loving…
Nothing goes with an all white outfit quite like a tan and since moving to Hawaii I have found myself reaching for/ wearing a lot more white on white outfits. I recently wore this outfit (swapping out the hat and heels for gladiator sandals and a denim jacket ) to grab drinks with a few friends and loved how the white tank and skirt complimented my tan, I decided to wear it again over the weekend! This skirt is so versatile, the neutral color and flattering length make it the perfect piece to re-work into outfits and I’m already planning on wearing it with a black silky top and black heels for an upcoming date night. How cute would it be as a swim cover-up for a casual weekend at the beach or pool?! The options are endless…
Shop lace skirts:
New seating area in our room…love these blue and white chairs!
Happy Friday!! I have been a little under the weather the past few days but am hoping to be 100% for the weekend. But if not, I have no problem relaxing and taking it easy on the beach!
This week included a great hike to Waimano Falls (a lot of climbing over rocks and HUGE tree roots) which was sadly not flowing that day but we enjoyed the tough workout!
We took an afternoon walk to the beach and walked along the Kailua shore. I love that we are able to walk to the beach from our house. I’ve been running on the beach a few times a week so I was happy to show Marc a few of the places I had discovered.
We picked up these chairs on a quick trip to Target, for something other than these chairs (obviously, thanks Target), and knew they would be perfect to fill the excess space in our bedroom.
Finished off this week with dinner at the Kailua Farmers Market…our weekly date night!
Hello! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve shared a new recipe but now that my new house is unpacked and I’m back in the kitchen making magic happen, you’ll be seeing a lot of new recipes pop up on here. One of my new favorites…these savory shortbread, goat cheese crackers. They are creamy and full of flavor, made from a few simple ingredients: goat cheese, rosemary and honey mixed with almond meal then sliced and baked into cracker perfection. The recipe calls for diving the dough into 4 rolls (you can keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to slice and bake) which makes them the perfect cracker to have on hand when guests pop by. Add them to your cheese board or enjoy a few while sipping on a chilled glass of champagne!
Goat Cheese Crackers with Rosemary and Almonds:
Adapted from The French Market Cookbook
– 8 ounces goat cheese
– 2 tablespoons fresh, finely chopped rosemary
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
– 1 teaspoon honey
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 large egg yolks
– 2 cups almond meal
– 1/2 cup coconut flour, plus more if needed
– In a large bowl mash the goat cheese with the rosemary, salt, honey and pepper. Add in egg yolks and olive oil. Mix until well combined.
– Add in the almond meal and coconut flour and mix until absorbed and has a dough consistency. Add more coconut flour if needed.
– Transfer to a clean wood board and kneed dough. Divide into 4 equal pieces and roll each into a log, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches long.
– Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and freeze for 1 hour. (If freezing for later use, wrap tightly. When ready to use, let chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator)
– Heat oven to 350 degrees and gently slice the dough log into 1/2 inch pieces. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a rack to cool.
– Crackers can be stored for a couple days in an airtight container.
Cut-offs paired with a loose blouse have become my day to day outfit of choice and I have been living in different variations of this outfit since moving to Hawaii. I am having a serious love affair with off the shoulder tops and this one from VAVA by Joy Han does not disappoint! The lace back is a fun detail and when paired with cut-off jean shorts you get more of a casual/cool outfit which is so perfect for tropical weather! This blouse would be equally as cute paired with skinny jeans and a fun pair of heels and would make the perfect date night outfit.
Shop the look:
The start of spring is a great reminder that summer is on its way and along with that comes afternoons spent outside that turn into dinners enjoyed al fresco. I know I’m getting a little ahead of the seasons but taking the time to create an outdoor “dining room” can take a bit of time. I’m starting to gather inspiration now so that when the first warm, summer evening rolls through I’ll be ready (with a bottle of wine in hand) to spend it dining outdoors. Here are a few outdoor rooms that have me inspired and ready for a long summer of outdoor entertaining!
I picked up these pants right before my move and have been looking for the perfect opportunity to wear them. These palazzo pants are lightweight and breezy which make them the ideal pants for casual Hawaiian nights. I wore this outfit last week to walk into town for dinner and a stroll around our local farmers market and could not have been more comfortable! Styled with a bold necklace an tan accessories for the perfect casual outfit.
I hope you had a great weekend!
Minimal and dainty watch by Daniel Wellington c/o
Waikiki Sunset- since we live on the East side of the island we don’t get to experience the beautiful sunsets. But, we do get the awesome sunrises so I just need to get my butt out of bed in time to catch it!
View of Lanikai from the Pillbox hike (a must do if you’re visiting Oahu!)
A night out in Waikiki! Outfit details here.
Happy Friday and happy, happy spring! I’m so happy its the weekend and I am planning on spending it exploring the island! This past week flew by and I think that’s partly due to the fact that I’m still working on unpacking (finally got through the last box!!) and organizing but hey, thats ok with me!
Some highlights from the past week:
– Hiking the Pillbox trail. Seriously drop dead stunning views of Lanikai and Kailua the whole way up!
– An amazing sunset in Waikiki. We had some friends that were in town which was a blast. It was fun to see some familiar faces and enjoy drinks and dinner in Waikiki.
– Thursday night farmers market. This is quickly becoming our weekly date night.
– Finally taking Penelope to the beach. The little pup absolutely loves the beach so it was fun seeing her so excited running through the sand and water!
Have a wonderful weekend!